When we were finally released home, Jackson requested a stop on the way home. Being the first new Obie boy in quite a while, it did not surprise us that he wanted to stop at Walmart as his first shopping experience. He seemed to enjoy it but did cry through much of the visit(I think he wanted to buy a tricked out car seat, but we told him the one he had was good enough for now).
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Jackson Comes Home
We had an uneventful hospital stay and were able to leave in just under 48 hours from birth to discharge. We have found that we have quite a bit of family following the blog and the biggest complaint is that no one can see his hair or hair color. Hopefully this picture shows it a little but I will try to get a better picture soon. This is a very quiet moment, and there have been many of those over the past few days. We're not complaining.
While in the hospital Jackson and I needed a little rest. He was not managing to sleep in his bassinet, and seeing as I could not crawl in there with him, I brought him over to the pullout chair I was sleeping in. I was surprised to find this picture on my camera when I got home.
The new mom seems pretty happy with her bundle of joy below, and is also happy to hear that she can take him home on this day. He was found to be a little jaundiced with a bilirubin just under 10, and we had to return in 2 days to get his bilirubin rechecked(and it was very good).
They tell us the jaundice is from the breastfeeding and the milk not fully being in yet, but I think Jackson knows that yellow is dad's favorite color and he was just trying to please his father. I have since told him he was trying too hard. I'll love him whether he's yellow or not.
He has also begun to show his allegiance as below. It was touch and go for a few minutes when he was picking out what team he would root for, but in the end he luckily chose the Sox. I've also noticed that he seems to cry anytime someone says Yankees or Jeter. He obviously has been listening in utero.
When we were finally released home, Jackson requested a stop on the way home. Being the first new Obie boy in quite a while, it did not surprise us that he wanted to stop at Walmart as his first shopping experience. He seemed to enjoy it but did cry through much of the visit(I think he wanted to buy a tricked out car seat, but we told him the one he had was good enough for now).
When we were finally released home, Jackson requested a stop on the way home. Being the first new Obie boy in quite a while, it did not surprise us that he wanted to stop at Walmart as his first shopping experience. He seemed to enjoy it but did cry through much of the visit(I think he wanted to buy a tricked out car seat, but we told him the one he had was good enough for now).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy first Father's Day from the Boyds! And Sarah says if you wanna see a second one, you'd better start posting more pictures :)
ReplyDelete