I realize this video is ridiculous because I had to keep paddling, but I wanted to try the video feature.
So we got off of the river and it started to pour which changed the plans for the rest of the day. I was going to go to Red Rocks to see a concert. Not because I cared about seeing G. Love but more because I think seeing a show at Red Rocks is on that lifelong list of things to do. So instead I headed up a big new road dug out of the rocks in the side of a mountain on my way to Century City(I think that was the name). It was supposedly an old mining and gold rush town but now it is littered with low bet casinos. I believe 5 dollars is the highest bet or raise available.
So I stopped in for a quick hand or two. I lost $60 in short order but after putting in another $40 and getting down to about $10, I finally won a pot and then slowly built back up to $170 over the next 4 hours. Nothing like getting paid for your entertainment. So I cashed out and went back to the hotel in Denver.
That ended an eventful day 1, unfortunately day 2 was nowhere near as exciting. Conference from 7:30 to 5:30 today(really, how much is there to say about urine, hair and drug use?) and then I wandered down the streets of downtown Denver which is very nice.
I ended up at the ESPN Zone and sat right in front in one of the leather recliners in front of the almost Too Big screen and watched the Broncos and Cowboys preseason game. There was little excitement because it was a preseason game, but I can see that it would be quite exciting during regular season.
Well, I am supposed to be doing charts, but they are doing maintenance on our chart system, so I can look at it but can't do my charts. Aggravating. I'm going to bed. The next 3 days are going to be big, or should I say tall or high, days.
Goodnight.
I miss and love you Laura and Jackson. Wish you were here.
Eric,
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that you didn't waste one minute of "fun" time in CO !! And you even won a little spending money !!
Hope the rest of your trip is just as wonderful. Be careful b/c we all love you and want you to come back happy and healthy.
Grandmother Anne