We headed to Jumpin' Joey's recently and Jackson has clearly got his climbing and adventuring legs under him now. He can run up and down and slid over and under most things with ease. He admittedly needed a little coaxing at the beginning and daddy had to go with him. Unfortunately socks are required at JJ and dad per usual was wearing Birkenstocks. Therefore, he got to wear mommy's socks.
We ran him until exhaustion had set in and then went next door to the Chinese Buffet. Yum.
We also had our first Chuck E. Cheese adventure this week. This was Nick's birthday party.
Nick anxiously awaited the arrival of an oversized rodent.
And then he appeared! Jackson was also a big fan of the gargantuan varmint.
Jackson was not big enough to climb up the crawlspace to get to the overhead tubes, but with Hannah hoisting him, he made it easily. They hung out in the cage above for a little while.
And then they shared an amusement ride.
Part of me felt like a chaperone at Jackson's first date. They were awfully cute together. Unfortunately I was not at the ready when Hannah leaned over in this ride and kissed Jackson(but it was REALLY REALLY CUTE!)
Williamsburg actually has had snow this week and it is still on the ground. Of course the world came to a screeching halt and everything closed. The schools even closed for 2 days. I guess the New Englander in me will never die because I found this to be many different shades of ridiculous. I went to work and shoveled in the attempts to open and we eventually got a couple of hardy soles to come help me open the office. We actually had a very busy day and the patients had no difficulty getting in. I know at least one of the other Urgent Cares in town closed for the day. It just seemed odd to me to close a medical office when the grocery store in the same parking lot was open and the newspaper had been delivered by 6AM. I guess so many different people have just never experienced snow enough to be comfortable in it, but it still all seems a bit odd to me. We finally got out of work and headed home though and I got to play with Jackson, Laura, and the bulldogs. Speedy wanted to stay inside.
Jackson found that snow sticks to gloves, and he thought just taking off the glove would solve the problem.
Brewser wanted to know what snow tasted like.

We managed time for 1 group self portrait.
No comments:
Post a Comment