Todays blog has been sponsored by
GEICO
Taking care of Jackson.
So easy even a caveman can do it.
So we managed to get away for 2 days this week and had great weather at the beach. We are truly blessed to be able to have time off together and have the beach this close and have access to such a wonderful house.
The posse consisted of 6.75 humans
(myself, Laura, Beulah, Anne, Jackson, Lloyd, Katherine)

and 6 canines
(Annabelle, Molly Brown, Fenway, Maggie Moo, Brewser, Honey)

Jackson loved playing in the sand and he treated it like he had never seen the beach before. He wasn't real sure what to make of it to begin with, but then he warmed up to the squishy ground.
He shared some time, sand, shells and beach chair with his Gran.
And he enjoyed having his legs buried by his Dad and Grandad
Katherine and Jackson also played in the sand and we do not know who enjoyed it more.
But finally the first day was over and it was time to head back to the house.
On day 2, we were all inside except Katherine and the dogs when I saw her waving her arms on the walkway outside. She was gathering our attention to come and see a seal on the beach. This first picture was as close as I could get initially(and this is fully zoomed) before he would start undulating away.

I retreated back to the house and ran over the next neighborhood and jumped the fence to come down their walkway to the beach. It was right in line with this seal and I spent the next approximately 45 minutes inching myself forward on my stomach on the sand so that I could get a better view. It was pretty amazing to get so close to this wild animal. In fact at one point a woman and dog walked by behind me and the seal bounced towards the water but when she had passed and the danger was averted he turned around and came right back up to me to get out of the waves. I really enjoyed sitting and taking picture after picture. Eventually that same woman and dog came back and the seal swam away. Totally unexpected brush with nature and it was absolutely amazing. Thanks to the rest of my family back on the beach taking care of the dogs and Jackson. I know you all were not able to get close enough to see the seal very well. I hope these pictures help.

All in all a great visit and we had phenomal weather in the 70s. I had forgotten how absolutely beautiful the beach could be, but my camera now helps me remember.
We love you all. Including you Mr. Seal.
National Geographic quality pics, Obie - great job! And the kid was cute too :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a great, relaxing time at the beach!
ReplyDeleteWas really not expecting the mr. seal story! Wow! Great pics -
-Amy and Greg Storck