
Wow! What a game for Manny. Most people have already forgotten his 2 overrun balls in the outfield after that mammoth blast over the coke bottles in left. I checked the satellite images on Google Earth and I believe that you should be able to go pick that ball up from my parents back yard in Turner.
Admittedly, the hour was a little late and I was somewhat concerned that Jackson had to go to bed before the first pitch was ever thrown. But trying to keep him to a schedule, I put him down at 8 and settled in for the game. He knew something was up and cried a little longer than usual but I did not give in. Amazingly though, our child that has been sleeping soundly through the nights for months now began jabbering and moving around and then crying during the 8th inning. He knew what was going on and wanted to watch.
Attaboy!
So I got him up to watch the end and cheer loudly for the Sox. As the photo shows, Jackson actually looked much more awake than his dad.

But I think this is what most RedSox fans looked like at 1:15 last night. New Englanders as a lot are reasonable people, and 1:15, even on a Friday night, is not a reasonable time. Jackson thought otherwise. With the outcome we got..., I guess he's right, but whatever happened to day games?
Thanks to Jeff, Katherine and Laura for coming by to watch and dressing in the appropriate RedSox paraphernalia. Pretty sure our support at 2428 is what pushed them over the edge to the win tonight. Already got the clothes laid out for tomorrow.
For today Jeff and I are off to kayak the upper James. A little low on water, but I still can't wait. Will post more hopefully tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment