So I happened across some pictures from a somewhat ill-fated hike from earlier this summer. We were in Maine and had a day to ourselves so we decided to go on a hike.

The weather was beautiful and everyone was in great spirits...

until that is I informed Laura that I had picked the 2 mile 1 way hike. You know I love surprises. The difference is that surprises like this with only 1 package of crackers and little to no drink for the kids... Lets say that Jackson's expression tells it best,

"Oh Dad, when will you learn?"

But we made it to the top and had our crackers.



The crackers were enough for Harper's mood.

Mommy did not want to be in the pictures at this time,
so I had Jackson act out how Mommy felt about Daddy at that time.
He did a pretty good job,
and amazingly we made it up and down without seeing any bears.
We played with frogs and sticks and had a nice day in the woods.
thanks family!
(and Pie, I'll try to use more common sense with my surprises in the future)
No comments:
Post a Comment