http://So we had a wonderful Christmas day albeit a little different than our usual. Go figure with a 2 year old and a 9 month old. Still at the ages when mommy and daddy wake up before the kids. We began with a descent to the Santa plate and found that Santa had eaten all of his cookies and drank all of his milk. The reindeers almost finished all of their carrots but a little nibble was left. Jackson was quite concerned that one of the reindeer might still be hungry and had left this piece but we assured him that none of the reindeer would waste away. Then on to the stockings and Santa left lots of candies and chocolates. Of course, this was how Jackson wanted to start the day...eating ridiculous volumes of chocolate. We let him have 2 or 3 pieces and then moved on to the tree. Overall things went smoothly although at 2.5 yrs Jackson still gets overwhelmed with the opening after awhile. We made it through fairly well however and managed to video most of it. Let me warn you, this video is for family only as I do not yet now how to edit and the subject matter and length will not win any academy awards this year. On the other hand, if you are out of unisom and need to get to sleep...
And for those of you who make it through part 1, I will add part 2(maybe) this video editing and adding is not a fast process on my computer. We got through the tree and then Jackson got his train table from Santa and this is the last we have seen of him. In fact last night he went to bed with his little Thomas. He also knows that now he gets a new train when he goes number 2 in the potty. Let it be known that last night was the first time in many months he had any interest in the potty and we had some success. And of course I had to give over a train. It kind of reminds me of dad forever ago telling me he would get me a bike as soon as I learned to ride the old one without the training wheels. I think it was silver with black electrical tape. In my memory I learned that day and got my brown Huffy. Maybe thats what dad expected but I think I figured it out faster than expected. I think I also did my part to keep neosporin in business that day, but it was worth it.
We then headed to the Julian household and had a very nice day. I ate 113 pigs in a blanket for breakfast(no the number is not a typo) with some grits(I'm still born a Northerner but I try and they are getting less confusing every year). And we moved on to presents there. This proved to be a little more than the little man could handle although he did pretty well and made it through a good part of the presents. The unopened ones will serve as his birthday in a few months!
We all got more than we could wish and know that we are more than blessed. I was happy to be able to spend the day with the family we could and missed the family that could not be there. Traditions change and change can be hard but we also realize that it is necessary some of the time(I keep trying to tell myself this about the upcoming healthcare reform, but its still not working in my brain).
We then had a fabulous dinner and all swore that we might not eat again this year. Surprise surprise, I'm cooking dinner now for tonight(osso bucco!) so I got over that but it was awful good.
Well I'm still waiting for the video to upload, so I hope it finally works, it is an awfully large file and I'm sure this is the problem. Hopefully family gets to "be there with us" soon.
We love you all
eric, laura, fenway, brewser, and the 2 you all care most about
mwah
sorry it didn't upload(too big). Yippee, after 2 hrs of editing, I got something. Will work on the other one(which I can promise will have at least 1 part that is worth it!)
kat says love it.
ReplyDeletethanks for your hardwork. kat would like to see more of the dogs and also some train table fun. great job eric
Thanks for sharing. We loved the video and wish we could have been there Love Mom and Dad
ReplyDelete