Wow! Its hard to believe that a year ago we were in the hospital having a beautiful little redheaded kid. Its been a great year and I've found many new favorite things to do. One of my favorites of all now is to go into his room in the morning and wake him up. Its just amazing how happy he is first thing in the morning and how he raises his arms to get up. Hard to start the day in any better way. I'll have to video that someday while I still can.
So Jackson got his party hat on and had dinner with the whole crew. He even ate the same stuff, barbecue and beans, with his Grandpa Julian at the helm. He seemed to like it quite well, but then it was time to open, open, open!
Now what is that? It kind of looks like one of those cake things that all the grown-ups eat, but they never let me have any. But wait, this one looks like a TRUCK! Ooh, maybe its for me, maybe its for me, maybe its finally for me. FIRE TRUCK FOR JACKSON. FIRE TRUCK FOR JACKSON. No, no, no - try not to get my hopes up to high. Probably not really for me. Look at it though. All chocolatey and covered in wonderfully messy red frosting. Oh what I could do with that.
Hold on. Whats the catch, they put it on my plate. I'm getting to really like this birthday thing.
Kind of mushy, but a nice brown color. Wonder what it tastes like?
I definitely like cake and ice cream. I'm going to finish it all.
I did finish it all by myself. First the barbecua and beans and now fire truck cake covered with gloriously red and messy frosting.
LONG LIVE BIRTHDAYS!
But then the birthday cake intoxication set in. It didn't stop Jack from shoveling in the food, but it was touch and go for a moment. And then he sprung back to his energetic birthday loving self.
Live long and prosper.
He did great in his Radio Flyer. He can turn the key and honk the horn and hit his directional lights. We definitely had a few cars stop to say hello to Jackson as he tooled around the neighborhood in this.
And best of all. It gets great gas mileage.
We love you all.
What fun for a precious little boy and his whole family !! Loved the photos and video. Thanks, Eric and Laura.
ReplyDeleteLove, Gran
Happy Birthday Jackson. We wish we could have been there. Thanks for the great blog. Love Mom and Dad Obie
ReplyDelete