Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2008

So no new blogs in quite awhile. We all get busy and unfortunately our household has also been ill. Jackson has thrown up for 8 straight days now but now its not stomach issues so much as it is thick nasal congestion. I thought he'd finally kick this himself, but now I'm beginning to wonder.
His mom and dad have also been ill. Luckily I think Laura is feeling normal again. My head is still stuffed to the gills( so I just googled this saying and reportedly it comes from when a fish eats too much that it dies and when we eat too much we feel uncomfortable like this, interesting, so I'm using it wrong, oh well).
Even Fenway has gotten in on the illness thing and his was easily the most horrific. Bacteria ate into his right eye and made a hole into the eye letting all of the vitreous humor drain out and his eye collapsed with the iris actually sticking out of this new hole. Amazingly the vet was able to patch and reinflate the eye and he is supposed to be able to see normally from this eye from now on. He still is wearing his collar and we have taken to calling him Buckethead. Pretty sure he likes it.
In the meantime, Christmas happened and we went to Texas for it and had a great time. The flight was nightmarish but we made it there safely and it was good to be with Mom, Dad, Grammie, Donnie, Angel, Dylan and Conner for our first Christmas with Jackson. The pictures will follow.
When we returned we did Christmas at the Julians as well and again had a great time. Just wish we could find a way to get it all together some day, but that sounds unlikely.

Finally, we went to the Outerbanks for the New Years and spent 4-5 days down there. We had a great time and Jeff and I actually went swimming in the ocean on 1/1/08. Maybe thats why I'm sick. Well, enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you guys back on the blogs- hope you're all feeling much better. Jackson is too cute.

    ReplyDelete