Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Baby blogging

So this is my first true attempt at baby blogging. Jackson is currently sitting on my left knee like a good little boy and has been doing this for almost an hour while I worked on charts. He must be tired, but I have to admit its kind of nice.
This has been a big couple weeks for Mr. J. He has moved to solid foods(or maybe they would be better called semisolid foods) and seems to like them just fine. He so far has had green peas, bananas, carrots and rice cereal. All seem to go down about the same but have varying effects on other things. This kind of reminds me of pictures that I saw of mom's science fair project from when she wasw in school. She took chickens and fed them foods with dyes of varying colors and darned if they didn't have yolks with various colors according to the feed given. Needless to say that Jackson is not bearing eggs, but has produced colors of green, orange and yellow another way. Probably somewhat similar to the chickens. I somehow don't remember diapers on those chickens in the pictures though, mom you'll have to remind me if you made them wear diapers. Unfortunately along with this new food foray has come diaper rash. So I fell victim to the feelings that our kid would never have diaper rash because we would change his diaper so much and keep him clean and dry. Well now he has diaper rash and the Boudreaux's Butt Paste has been put into action(as if the duty weren't messy enough before). I even knew that this could happen with good hygiene but we all fall victim to believing we can do things better than everyone else.
Humble pie tastes sorta like chicken.
Speaking of humble pie, I know this is what Bill Belichick feeds to the Patriots. I wonder if maybe they are full. The last 2 games have been a little closer than we like. What happened to the 20 and 30 pt blowouts. I guess we'll have to see what happens against the Steelers this weekend.
The first feeding. Rice cereal on the day after Thanksgiving. After giving me a hard time because it was not Turducken he seemed to be okay with the rice cereal.But finally he said, "Fini." And the meal was over. And I had so hoped his first language would be English.
And finally, Jackson wanted to help. Makes it a bit messier when he helps but i figure he has to learn too.
And this is when the crying decided to begin. A little readjustment may buy me some time. We'll see.
Okay, everyone want more pictures anyway. Lets see what I can find.
This leftover picture was from Nana's visit and was taken on the Julian's luxurious new sofa. If anyone is interested in a sofa like this or other similar furniture, please visit www.nc-furn.com and call to speak with a delightful voice on the other end :)
The above seating arrangements can also be found at North Carolina Furniture For Less on Denbigh Blvd in Newport News. Frequently the 2 characters on the sofa will also be found at that address.
Oops, now its baby feeding time so I have a few more minutes to catch everyone up. We also had a bulldog playdate earlier this week with Rupert down the street. Rupert is a big boy but was a little timid to begin with. He soon figured out the whole playing thing and seemed to get along quite well. I would guess that by the end of the night they all slept quite well. I would guess Rupert to be about 10 lbs heavier than Fenway. Surprisingly I also met 2 other bullies this week. I had my biweekly poker game(second place baby!) last Thursday and at the end of the night the host brought his 2 dogs, Bo and Luke up from downstairs and they were 6 month old bulldogs. Laura is excited for another playdate with them some day.
Here's Rupert and below is a bad picture of Brewser and Rupert playing(sorry didn't have time to alter the exposure)
Jackson's 6 month visit was today and he weighs 20.2 lbs. I think he also got 20.2 shots today but he took it like a little man. He has been slightly fussier today since then, but I guess I can't blame him. He also has a little fluid on the ear but doesn't need antibiotics yet. Hears hoping it dries up without medicines.
And finally we have a slightly undesirable task this evening. Our renter left the house this week with little notice and a month short on rent but he was nice enough to find us a very nice couple with a young son to take his place. Unfortunately there was zero time between him moving out and them moving in and the house's condition definitely had a little left to be desired. The most impressive being the 2 large holes in the sheet rock in the kitchen and bedroom. I can only guess that the World Wrestling Federation had difficulty finding an arena and had to relocate to Williamsburg. So tonight we are going over to assess the damages and try to get the things fixed that need a fixing. It could have been a lot worse so I'll stop complaining now and wish our prior renter well in his life and our new renters well in their new home for the holidays. Good for them.
Happy December to all and we're excited for Christmas. So many of you in blogworld soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment